JSW Steel ltd is India’s leading and one of the world’s most efficient integrated steelmakers. The company operate strategically located manufacturing units across geographies (India, US and Italy) with distinct competitive advantages.
JSW Steel has grown from a single manufacturing unit in early ‘80s to become India’s leading integrated steel company with a steel-making capacity of 28 MTPA in India & USA, including capacities under joint control & new capacity to be commissioned at Dolvi during this year.
Profile of JSW Steel Ltd
JSW Steel Ltd. (JSW Steel), the flagship company of the diversified US$ 13 billion JSW Group, is an integrated manufacturer of a diverse range of steel products and is India’s leading crude steel manufacturer. The company has an extensive portfolio of flat and long products and has an export presence across 100+ countries.
- 27 MTPA Domestic crude steel capacity (Including BPSL and JSW Ispat Special Products Ltd.)
- 37 MTPA Expected domestic capacity by FY 2024-25
Currently, JSW Steel has an installed crude steel capacity of 18 MTPA in India, which comprises 12.5 MTPA of flat products and 5.5 MTPA of long products. The facilities in India are strategically located near raw material sources and/or are well connected via ports and railways, thus helping the Company to maintain a competitive cost structure. The company manufactures
- Hot rolled coils,
- Sheets and plates,
- Cold rolled coils and sheets,
- Galvanised and
- Galvalume products,
- Non-grain oriented electrical steel,
- Pre-painted galvanised and
- Galvalume products,
- Thermo-mechanically treated (TMT) bars,
- Wire rods, rails,
- Grinding balls and
- Special steel bars.
JSW Steel’s overseas manufacturing facilities comprise a plate/pipe mill in Baytown, Texas, U.S., a steel making facility at Ohio, U.S., and a long product mill in Italy. The Baytown facility has a 1.2 million net tonnes per annum (MNTPA) plate mill and a 0.55 MNTPA pipe mill. The Ohio facility is a hot rolling mill with a 3 MNTPA capacity.
It is partially backward integrated with a 1.5 MNTPA Electric Arc Furnace (EAF). The facility in Italy produces long products — railway lines, bars, wire rods and grinding balls — with aggregate capacity of 1.3 MTPA. JSW Steel plans to expand its domestic steel capacity to 45 MTPA in the next decade through a combination of organic and inorganic growth.
- ₹79,839 crore Revenue
- 15.08 MnT Crude steel production
JSW Steel has a strong retail presence with its products sold through 16,000+ retail outlets covering 600+ districts in India. JSW Steel Ltd is India’s leading steel manufacturer with state-of the-art upstream and downstream operations spread across the country. Over the past 35 years, the company have grown from strength to strength, and have emerged a leader, driven by core strengths of quality, cost competitiveness, and sustainability.
JSW Steel Production Capacity
JSW Steel has an installed crude steel capacity of 18 MTPA in India, which comprises 12.5
MTPA of flat products and 5.5 MTPA of long products. JSW Steel’s overseas manufacturing facilities comprise a plate/pipe mill in Baytown, Texas, U.S., a steel making facility at Ohio, U.S., and a long product mill in Italy.
The Baytown facility has a 1.2 million net tonnes per annum (MNTPA) plate mill and a 0.55 MNTPA pipe mill. The Ohio facility is a hot rolling mill with a 3 MNTPA capacity. It is partially backward integrated with a 1.5 MNTPA Electric Arc Furnace (EAF). The facility in Italy produces long products — railway lines, bars, wire rods and grinding balls — with aggregate capacity of 1.3 MTPA
JSW Steel is a leading player in the Indian steel market with significant domestic and international reach. The Company has expanded its Indian steelmaking capacities rapidly — from 3.8 MTPA in FY 2006-07 to 18.0 MTPA in FY 2015-16, through organic and inorganic growth.
- ~9 MTPA Domestic Downstream capacity
- Overseas – 1.5 MNTPA JSW Steel USA Integrated steel plant with a finishing capacity of 3 MNTPA
The capacity at Vijayanagar Works is being expanded from 12 to 19.5 MTPA through brownfield expansion, setting up a 5 MTPA steelmaking capacity though one of its wholly
owned subsidiary JSW Vijayanagar Metallics Limited and other productivity enhancing initiatives. The capacity expansion project at Dolvi from 5 MTPA to 10 MTPA is nearing completion, along with the 1 MTPA capacity at Salem thereby bringing
The company has 18 MTPA Standalone crude steel capacity across three integrated steel
plants at Vijayanagar, Dolvi and Salem and
- 2.5 MTPA Bhushan Power and Steel Ltd.(JV)
- 1 MTPA – JSW Ispat Special Products Ltd.(JV)
- 21.5 MTPA Total crude steel capacity together with JVs
JSW Steel is the part of the JSW Group. The US$13 billion JSW Group is ranked among India’s top business houses. It is one of the leading producers and exporters of coated flat steel products in India.
JSW’s innovative and sustainable products, services and ideas cater to the core sectors of Steel, Energy, Cement and Infrastructure, apart from its interests in philanthropy, sports, realty and ventures. The Group continues to strive for excellence with its strength, differentiated product mix, state-of-the-art technology, excellence in execution and focus on sustainability.
JSW Steel plans to expand its domestic steel capacity to 45 MTPA in the next decade through a combination of organic and inorganic growth.
JSW Vijayanagar – World’s largest steel plant
JSW Vijayanagar Works is one of the world’s largest steel plants with an installed capacity of 12 MTPA. The plant is one of the world’s most efficient in terms of conversion cost. It is the Company’s flagship plant and uses the Corex process (the first in India to do so) as well as the conventional blast furnace route to achieve efficiency in conversion cost.
Vijayanagar Works houses India’s largest auto-grade steel facility with a capacity of 2.3 MTPA. It is also the only steel plant in India with pair cross technology and a twin-stand reversible cold rolling mill.
Vijayanagar Works has captive power generation capacity of 865 MW. It is well connected to the Goa and Chennai ports to facilitate the import of raw materials and export of finished products. It also has a lime calcination plant hosting eight kilns, each with 300 TPD capacity, and three kilns, each with 600 TPD capacity.
The Company has recently set up a pipe conveyor system with a 20 MTPA capacity (Phase 1 with 10 MTPA capacity is operational), an environment friendly system to transport iron ore, and will also lead to substantial cost reduction.
JSW Dolvi Steel Plant
JSW Dolvi Works is a 5 MTPA integrated steel plant, located strategically on the west coast of Maharashtra. It is India’s first plant to adopt a combination of Conarc Technology for both steel-making and compact strip production (CSP). The facility is connected to a jetty with a cargo handling capability of up to 15 MTPA and caters to sectors ranging from automotive and industrial to consumer durables.
JSW Steel Salem Plant
JSW Steel’s Salem plant is a large facility producing special steel in India. The plant is a major supplier to auto component producers and is a market leader in manufacturing special grade steel used in gears, crank shafts and bearings.
The strategic location of the Salem plant allows it to cater to the needs of the major auto hubs in southern India. Located nearly 340 km from Chennai and 180 km from Bengaluru, it is well connected through rail, road and sea, which facilitates the transportation of raw materials and finished products.
List of Subsidiaries of JSW Steel Ltd
So Here is the List of Subsidiaries of JSW Steel Ltd
- JSW Steel (Netherlands) B.V.
- JSW Steel (UK) Limited
- Periama Holdings, LLC
- JSW Steel (USA) Inc.
- Purest Energy, LLC
- Meadow Creek Minerals, LLC
- Hutchinson Minerals, LLC
- R.C. Minerals, LLC
- Keenan Minerals, LLC
- Peace Leasing, LLC
- Prime Coal, LLC
- Planck Holdings, LLC
- Rolling S Augering, LLC
- Periama Handling, LLC
- Lower Hutchinson Minerals, LLC
- Caretta Minerals, LLC
- JSW Panama Holdings Corporation
- Inversiones Eurosh Limitada
- Santa Fe Mining
- Santa Fe Puerto S.A.
- JSW Natural Resources Limited
- JSW Natural Resources Mozambique Limitada
- JSW ADMS Carvo Lda
- Nippon Ispat Singapore (PTE) Limited
- Erebus Limited
- Arima Holding Limited
- Lakeland Securities Limited
- Acero Junction Holdings, Inc.
- JSW Steel USA Ohio, Inc.
- JSW Steel Italy S.r.l.
- JSW Steel Italy Piombino S.p.A.
- Piombino Logistics S.p.A. – A JSW Enterprise
- GSI Lucchini S.p.A.
- JSW Steel Coated Products Limited
- Amba River Coke Limited
- JSW Jharkhand Steel Limited
- JSW Bengal Steel Limited
- JSW Natural Resources India Limited
- JSW Energy (Bengal) Limited
- JSW Natural Resource Bengal Limited
- Peddar Realty Private Limited
- JSW Realty & Infrastructure Private Limited
- JSW Industrial Gases Private Limited
- JSW Utkal Steel Limited
- Hasaud Steel Limited
- JSW One Platforms Limited (formerly known as JSW Retail Limited)
- Makler Private Limited (w.e.f. June 6, 2019 up to March 25, 2021)
- Piombino Steel Limited (w.e.f. June 6, 2019 up to March 26, 2021)
- JSW Vijayanagar Metalllics Limited (w.e.f. December 24, 2019)
- Vardhman Industries Limited (w.e.f. December 31, 2019)
- JSW Vallabh Tin Plate Private Limited (w.e.f. December 31, 2019)
- Asian Color Coated Limited (w.e.f. October 27, 2020)
- JSW Retail and Distribution Limited (w.e.f. March 15, 2021)
List of Joint Ventures of JSW Steel
- JSW Severfield Structures Limited
- JSW Structural Metal Decking Limited
- Rohne Coal Company Private Limited
- JSW MI Steel Service Center Private Limited
- Vijayanagar Minerals Private Limited
- Gourangdih Coal Limited
- Creixent Special Steels Limited
- JSW Ispat Special Products Limited (formerly known as Monnet Ispat & Energy Limited)
- Piombino Steel Limited (w.e.f. March 27, 2021)
- Bhushan Power and Steel Limited (w.e.f. March 27, 2021)