Here you get to know about the Nifty Pharma Index, List of Stocks in the Index, Weightage of Each Companies. The Index captures the performance of the pharmaceutical sector. The Index comprises of 10 companies listed on the National Stock Exchange of India (NSE).
NIFTY Pharma Index
The NIFTY Pharma Index is designed to reflect the behavior and performance of the companies that are engaged into manufacturing of pharmaceuticals. The index comprises of maximum of 10 stocks. The base date of the index is January 1, 2001 and base value of 1000 points.
Index is computed using the free-float market capitalization method, wherein the level of the index reflects the total free-float market value of all the stocks in the index relative to a particular base market capitalization value.
- Base Date: January 01, 2001
- Base Value: 1000
- Launch Date: July 01, 2001
- No of Constituents: 10
The Index can be used for a variety of purposes such as benchmarking fund portfolios, launching of index funds, ETFs and structured products.
Nifty Pharma Weightage
This is the List of Pharmaceutical Stocks with Weightage in the Index. Sun Pharma has the Highest weightage in the Index followed by Dr. Reddy’s Lab, Cipla.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd – 24.09 % Stock Weighatage
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd – 17.00 % Stock Weighatage
- Cipla Ltd – 11.94 % Stock Weighatage
- Divi’s Laboratories Ltd – 11.26 % Stock Weighatage
- Lupin Ltd – 9.00 % Stock Weighatage
- Piramal Enterprises – 8.94 % Stock Weighatage
- Aurobindo Pharma – 6.65 % Stock Weighatage
- Biocon Ltd – 5.50 % Stock Weighatage
- Cadila Healthcare Ltd – 3.24 % Stock Weighatage
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd – 2.38 % Stock Weighatage
Top 4 Companies has weightage more than 60% weightage.
So here is the Complete list of companies from Nifty Pharma Index with Company name and Symbol from Nse.
|Aurobindo Pharma Ltd.||AUROPHARMA|
|Cadila Healthcare Ltd.||CADILAHC|
|Divi’s Laboratories Ltd.||DIVISLAB|
|Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd.||DRREDDY|
|Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd.||GLENMARK|
|Piramal Enterprises Ltd.||PEL|
|Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.||SUNPHARMA|
Nifty Pharma Chart
Since Inception Pharma Index has given a total return of 12% CAGR for the last 19 years. Here is the chart from 2001 to 2020.
Nifty Pharma is one of the Sectoral Index from National stock exchange (NSE). The Pharma Index Captures the performance of the pharmaceutical sector and has 10 Pharma companies listed on the National Stock Exchange of India (NSE).
Sun Pharma is the best to buy which has the Highest weightage in the Index which has less risk compared to other share followed by Dr. Reddy’s Lab, Cipla.