Rallis India Limited (‘Rallis’ or ‘the Company’) is a subsidiary of Tata Chemicals Limited and a part of the US$ 113 billion Tata Group. With a business presence in Agri-Sciences, The company supply farmers with innovative products across the agricultural value chain.
The company is engaged in the business of providing crop care solutions and Agri services to the farming community. The Company’s consolidated revenue from operations for FY 2019-20 was
2,251.82 crore compared to 1,983.96 crore in the previous year, an increase of 13.5% over the previous year.
Rallis India Limited
Rallis India Limited, a Tata Enterprise since 1964, has been serving Indian farmers for decades and is a pioneer in the agricultural inputs industry. It established India’s first crop protection active ingredient manufacturing plant and a dedicated crop protection research center nearly 50 years ago.
Rallis India Ltd is one of India’s leading crop care companies, providing agricultural solutions to more than 5 million farmers across 80% of the nation’s districts. Tata Chemicals Limited (“Tata Chemicals”) owns 50.06% of the Company’s equity share capital as at March 31, 2020.
The Company is an agri-science Company engaged in developing and manufacturing products and solutions to improve farm yield, soil health, and farmers’ income. The company Domestic Crop Care business comprises crop protection and crop nutrition which includes
- Soil conditioners,
- Hybrid seeds
- Plant growth nutrients, and foliar and
- Fertigation applications
- Plant protection chemicals
The Company has nearly 7 decades of experience in servicing rural markets with the most comprehensive portfolio of products and solutions.
In the International business, Rallis India is into the manufacturing and marketing of technical grade pesticides, bulk, and branded formulations and chemistry-led contract manufacturing.
Rallis India Ltd Manufacturing Plants
The company products are manufactured through in-house research and development, and in association with global innovators. The company has four Manufacturing Plants in India.
- • Ankleshwar, Gujarat
- • Dahej, Gujarat
- • Lote, Maharashtra
- • Akola, Maharashtra
Processing and Drying Plants (Seeds)
The company has three Processing and Drying Plants in India
- • Malkajgiri District, Telangana
- • Medak District, Telangana
- • Durg District, Chhattisgarh
- • Rallis Innovation Chemistry Hub (RICH), Bengaluru
- • Agri-Biotech R&D Facility, Bengaluru
Rallis India Ankleshwar
Mr. Sanjiv Lal Managing Director & CEO
Mr. Sanjiv Lal is a Chemical Engineering Graduate from the IIT New Delhi. Mr. Lal was the Chief Operating Officer of the India Chemicals Business of Tata Chemicals.
After he joined Tata Chemicals in 2004, he has handled its Agri Retail Business, headed the organisational
transformation and business excellence function, headed the information technology function
and was also nominated as the Joint Managing Director to IMACID, a JV in Morocco.
Before joining Tata Chemicals, Mr. Lal worked with Hindustan Unilever for 21 years in various functions.
Mr. Lal was appointed on the Board of the Company as Managing Director & CEO on April 1, 2019.
- Bhaskar Bhat Chairman
Business of Rallis India
The Company’s business operations are divided into Crop Care and Seeds.
Key Areas of Domestic Business [ India ]
- Manufacturing and supplying of products across each stage of the crop cycle for enhancing agricultural yield, thereby increasing farmers’ income
- Filling crop pest management gap with new product launches through R&D investments and strategic alliances
- Providing crop nutrition through plant growth nutrients, soil conditioners, and foliar application
Key Areas of International Business
- Strengthening alliances/partnerships, broadening product base and branded molecules
- Leveraging formulation development track record
- Building new partnerships and tie-ups with global innovators to expand business
- Accelerating the contract manufacturing portfolio
- Focussing on registrations in Latin America, North America, and Asia to increase revenue
Products of Rallis India ltd
The company is having a wider portfolio across and within crops is a key differentiator for achieving growth in the domestic market, because of India’s varied agro-climatic conditions and food needs.
Rallis India has a wide range of products that are rejuvenated at regular intervals through own manufacturing of active ingredients (AIs) and sourcing of AIs and formulated products through partnerships.
The company branded domestic crop protection the business consists of
- Crop Protection Chemicals (Insecticide, Fungicide, and Herbicide),
- Plant Growth Nutrients, and
- Soil Conditioners.
Subsidiary and Associate Companies of Rallis India ltd
The following are the subsidiary companies of Rallis India
- Tata Chemicals Limited
Bombay House, 24 Homi Mody Street
Fort, Mumbai – 400 001.
L24239MH1939PLC002893 Holding Company 50.06 %
- PT Metahelix Lifesciences Indonesia^
JI. Batu Tulis Raya No. 17 PAV,
Kel. Kebon, Kelapa, Kec. Gambir,
Jakarta Pusat, Indonesia.
SubsidiaryCompany 65.77 %
- Zero Waste Agro Organics Limited*
Kapil Towers, First Floor, S. No. 40-1/B
Near Sagam Bridge,
Dr. Ambedkar Road, Pune – 411 001.
U01400PN2011PLC141307 Subsidiary Company 100 %
- Rallis Chemistry Exports Limited#
156/157 15th Floor, Nariman Bhavan,
227 Nariman Point, Mumbai – 400 021.
U74990MH2009PLC193869 Subsidiary Company 100 %
Rallis India Limited Office
23rd Floor, Lodha Excelus
New Cuffe Parade,
Off Eastern Freeway,
Wadala, Mumbai – 400 037
Tel. No.: +91 22 6665 2700
E-mail address: email@example.com