Hindalco Industries Limited is the metals flagship company of the Aditya Birla Group. Hindalco is the world’s largest aluminium rolling and recycling company. One of Asia’s largest producers of primary aluminium (Ex. China), we are also the
largest aluminium downstream player in India providing customised solutions in flat rolled products and extruded
- Sales: ₹ 220,230 Cr.
- Operating profit: ₹ 28,398 Cr.
- Net profit: ₹ 13,850 Cr.
- Sales last year: ₹ 195,059 Cr.
- EBIDT last year: ₹ 29,118 Cr.
- Sales growth 3Years: 14.3 %
Novelis, wholly owned subsidiary, is the world’s largest aluminium Flat Rolled Products (FRP) producer and aluminium
recycler, recycling over 82 Billion cans annually. Novelis’ diversified product portfolio caters to beverage cans, automotive, aerospace and specialties end markets.
Hindalco Industries Ltd Profile
Hindalco Industries Limited, the metals flagship of the Aditya Birla Group, is the world’s largest aluminium rolling and
recycling company, a major copper player and one of Asia’s largest producers of primary aluminium. Hindalco was named
the world’s Most Sustainable Aluminium Company in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) in 2020 and 2021.
The company primarily involved in the business of aluminium and copper, operating across 10 countries with 50 established units. Hindalco Industries Limited was incorporated in India in the year 1958 having its registered office at Ahura Centre, 1st Floor, B Wing, Mahakali Caves Road, Andheri (East), Mumbai – 400093. The Company has two main stream of business Aluminium and Copper.
- Total Assets: ₹ 224,122 Cr.
- Reserves: ₹ 90,662 Cr.
- Debt: ₹ 67,667 Cr.
- Current assets₹: 94,857 Cr.
- Current liabilities: ₹ 63,651 Cr.
- Debt to equity: 0.74
- Dividend yield: 0.93 %
- Face value: ₹ 1.00
- ROE 5Yr: 10.4 %
- ROCE: 16.2 %
- ROCE 3Yr: 11.2 %
- Return on equity: 18.5 %
In Aluminium, the Company caters to the entire value chain starting from mining of bauxite and coal through production
of value added products for various application. The equity shares of the Company are listed on National Stock
Exchange of India Limited (NSE) and BSE Limited (BSE) and GDRs are listed on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange.
The Company along with its subsidiaries has manufacturing operations in ten countries including India spread over four
continents North America, South America, Asia and Europe. Apart from primary aluminium, the Company produces
aluminium sheet, extrusion and light gauge products for use in packaging market which includes beverage and food, can
and foil products as well as for use in automotive, electronic, architecture, transportation and industrial product markets.
The Company also has one of the largest single location Copper smelting facility in India.
The copper facility in India comprises a world-class copper smelter, downstream facilities and a captive jetty. Hindalco is India’s largest copper producer, contributing significantly to India’s domestic refined copper requirements.
- ₹ 13,730 CR Net Profit
- 1.36x Net leverage ratio
- 68,500+ Total Workforce
- ₹ 1,95,059 Crore Revenue
The global footprint spans 17 manufacturing units and 21 mining operations in India and 33 units overseas. The company aim to advance from being a manufacturing company to one that provides comprehensive manufacturing solutions. In fact, in pursuit of sustainable (and green) growth, aluminum business is making a step change extending its ambition from being an upstream player to building a differentiated B2B and B2C business, focussing on materials and value-added products and solutions.
With an ambition to be the world’s leading provider of low carbon and sustainable aluminium solutions, the company committed to become carbon neutral by 2050, in addition to other ESG commitments.
Hindalco Industries Ltd and Subsidiaries is an industry leader operating in mainly three business verticals-
- copper, and
In India, Hindalco’s aluminium manufacturing units comprise the full value chain, from bauxite mining, alumina refining, coal
mining, captive power generation and aluminium smelting to downstream value addition of Aluminium rolling, extruding
and foil making.
Hindalco’s copper facility in India comprises a world-class custom copper smelter at a single location with
downstream facilities, a fertiliser plant and a captive jetty. Hindalco is one of the largest suppliers of Copper to the Indian
Railways. Guided by its purpose of building a greener, stronger, smarter world, Hindalco provides innovative solutions for
a sustainable planet. Today, Hindalco’s global footprint spans 50 manufacturing units across 10 countries.
Novelis Inc – whollyowned subsidiary
Novelis is the world’s largest producer of aluminium beverage can stock and the largest recycler of used beverage cans (UBCs). Novelis provides innovative solutions to its customers in the beverage cans, automobile, aerospace and high-end speciality markets such as foil packaging, certain transportation products, architectural, industrial, and consumer durables.
Novelis operates an integrated network of technically advanced rolling and recycling facilities across North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Novelis, which has recycling operations in 15 operating facilities across the world, recycles over 82 Billion cans a year, enough to circle the globe more than 160 times.
Novelis Inc., is the global leader in flat-rolled aluminium products and the world’s largest recycler of aluminium.
Driven by its purpose of shaping a sustainable world, Novelis works alongside its customers to provide innovative solutions
to the beverage can, automotive, aerospace and speciality markets (which include foil packaging, certain transportation
products, architectural, industrial, and consumer durables).
Hindalco Industries Subsidiaries List
List of Subsidiaries of Hindalco Industries Ltd. So here is the list of Subsidiary companies with country
- 1 Minerals & Minerals Limited India
- 2 Renukeshwar Investments & Finance Limited India
- 3 Renuka Investments & Finance Limited India
- 4 Lucknow Finance Company Limited India
- 5 Dahej Harbour and Infrastructure Limited India
- 6 Utkal Alumina International Limited India
- 7 Utkal Alumina Social Welfare Foundation India
- 8 Kosala Livelihood And Social Foundation India
- 9 Birla Copper Asoj Private Limited (formerly known as “Ryker Base Private Limited”) – (h) India
- 10 Suvas Holdings Limited India
- 11 Hindalco-Almex Aerospace Limited India
- 12 East Coast Bauxite Mining Company Private Limited India
- 13 AV Minerals (Netherlands) N.V. Netherland
- 14 Hindalco Do Brasil Industria Comercia de Alumina Ltda. Brazil
- 15 AV Metals Inc. Canada
- 16 Novelis Inc. Canada
- 17 Novelis do Brasil Ltda. Brazil
- 18 Brecha Energetica Ltda. Brazil
- 19 4260848 Canada Inc. Canada
- 20 4260856 Canada Inc. Canada
- 21 8018227 Canada Inc. Canada
- 22 Novelis (China) Aluminum Products Co., Ltd. China
- 23 Novelis (Shanghai) Aluminum Trading Co., Ltd. China
- 24 Novelis PAE SAS France
- 25 Novelis Aluminium Beteiligungs GmbH Germany
- 26 Novelis Deutschland GmbH (formerly known as “Aleris Deutschland Holding GmbH”) Germany
- 27 Novelis Sheet Ingot GmbH Germany
- 28 Novelis (India) Infotech Ltd. India
- 29 Novelis Aluminum Holding Unlimited Company Ireland
- 30 Novelis Italia SpA Italy
- 31 Novelis de Mexico S.A. de C.V. Mexico
- 32 Novelis Korea Limited South Korea
- 33 Novelis AG Switzerland
- 34 Novelis Switzerland S.A. Switzerland
- 35 Novelis MEA Ltd. United Arab Emirates
- 36 Novelis Europe Holdings Limited United Kingdom
- 37 Novelis UK Ltd. United Kingdom
- 38 Novelis Services Limited United Kingdom
- 39 Novelis Corporation United States of America
- 40 Novelis South America Holdings LLC United States of America
- 41 Novelis Holdings Inc. United States of America
- 42 Novelis Services (North America) Inc. United States of America
- 43 Novelis Global Employment Organization, Inc. United States of America
- 44 Novelis Services (Europe) Inc. United States of America
- 45 Novelis Vietnam Company Limited Vietnam
- 46 Aleris Asia Pacific International (Barbados) Ltd. Barbados
- 47 Aleris Aluminum (Zhenjiang) Co., Ltd. China
- 48 Aleris (Shanghai) Trading Co., Ltd. China
- 49 Aleris Asia Pacific Limited Hong Kong
- 50 Aleris Aluminum Japan, Ltd. Japan
- 51 Novelis Casthouse Germany GmbH (formerly known as “Aleris Casthouse Germany GmbH”) Germany
- 52 Novelis Deutschland Holding GmbH Germany
- 53 Novelis Koblenz GmbH (formerly known as “Aleris Rolled Products Germany GmbH”) Germany
- 54 Novelis Netherlands B.V.(formerly known as “Novelis Aluminum Netherlands B.V.”) Netherlands
- 55 Aleris Switzerland GmbH Switzerland
- 56 Aleris Aluminum UK Limited United Kingdom
- 57 Aleris Holding Canada ULC Canada
- 58 Novelis ALR Aluminum Holdings Corporation (formerly known as “Aleris Corporation”) United States of America
- 59 Novelis ALR International, Inc. (formerly known as “Aleris International, Inc.”) United States of America
- 60 Novelis ALR Rolled Products, LLC (formerly known as “Aleris Rolled Products,LLC”) United States of America
- 61 Novelis ALR Rolled Products, Inc. (formerly known as “Aleris Rolled Products, Inc.”) United States of America
- 62 Novelis ALR Aluminum, LLC (formerly known as “Nichols Aluminum LLC”) United States of America
- 63 Novelis ALR Rolled Products Sales Corporation (formerly known as “Aleris Rolled Products SalesCorporation”) United States of America
- 64 Novelis ALR Recycling of Ohio, LLC (formerly known as “IMCO Recycling of Ohio, LLC”) United States of America
- 65 Novelis ALR Aluminum-Alabama, LLC (formerly known as “Nichols Aluminum-Alabama LLC”) United States of America
- 66 Novelis ALR Asset Management Corporation (formerly known as “UWA Acquisition Co.”) United States of America