Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited together with its subsidiaries is a diversified financial services group providing a wide range of banking and financial services including Retail Banking, Treasury and Corporate Banking, Investment Banking, Stock Broking, Vehicle Finance, Advisory Services, Asset Management, Life Insurance and General Insurance.
Kotak Mahindra Group (Kotak) is a trendsetter in the Indian banking industry since its inception and continues to contribute to nation-building, as one of India’s leading banking and financial services institutions.
- Sales: ₹ 36,623 Cr.
- Operating profit: ₹ 6,608 Cr.
- Net profit: ₹ 13,658 Cr.
- Sales last year: ₹ 33,740 Cr.
- EBIDT last year: ₹ 27,956 Cr.
- Sales growth 3Years: 4.19 %
The Bank set up and commenced operations in May 2016, at its International Financial Services Center Banking Unit (IBU) in Gujarat International Finance Tec (GIFT) City, Gujarat. The Bank has commenced operations in October 2019 at its first overseas branch at the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), Dubai, UAE.
Profile of Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited
Kotak is one of India’s leading diversified and integrated financial services conglomerates, providing a wide span of solutions across banking (consumer, commercial, corporate), credit and financing, asset management, life and general insurance, stock broking, investment banking, wealth management, microfinance and asset reconstruction, encompassing all customer and geographic segments within India.
- 1,604^ Bank branches
- 2,598 Bank ATMs
- 781 Bank Pan-India operating locations
- 3,857# Group branch network in India
As a group, The Bank operate in overseas markets through international subsidiaries or branches in key geographies. The bank is leveraging expertise and presence to deliver a banking and financial services experience that is contemporary, customised and built for the not-as-usual world. The company has 4.8 trillion institution (consolidated assets) with a market capitalisation of 3.5 trillion (as on 31st March, 2021).
Kotak has a wide distribution network of branches and franchises across India. In addition, has an international banking unit in Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City), a bank branch in Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), and international offices Digital ecosystem.
- 17.8 mn Debit cards in force
- 2.4 mn Credit cards in force
Kotak caters to the diverse financial needs of individuals and the corporate sector. The bold vision that underscores Kotak’s growth is an inclusive one, with a host of products and services designed to address the needs of the unbanked and insufficiently banked.
In February 2003, Kotak Mahindra Finance Limited was given a license to carry out banking business by the Reserve Bank of India (“RBI”). It was the first Non Banking Finance Company (NBFC) in India to be converted into a Bank.
- Total Assets: ₹ 546,498 Cr.
- Reserves: ₹ 95,642 Cr.
- Debt: ₹ 365,235 Cr.
- Current assets: ₹ 74,144 Cr.
- Current liabilities: ₹ 33,431 Cr.
- Debt to equity: 3.76
- Dividend yield: 0.06 %
- Face value: ₹ 5.00
- ROE 5Yr: 13.4 %
- ROCE: 6.29 %
- ROCE 3Yr: 6.68 %
- Return on equity: 13.3 %
- Corporate loans
- Trade finance
- Business banking
- Commercial real estate
- Cash management
- Custody business
- Off-shore lending
- Agriculture finance
- Tractor finance
- Commercial vehicles
- Construction equipment
- Branch banking
- Home loans and Loan against property (LAP)
- Personal loans
- Consumer finance
- Credit cards
- Priority banking
- Small business loans
- Working capital
- NRI banking
- Gold loans
- Rural housing and Business loans
- Forex cards
Subsidiaries of Kotak Mahindra bank
The Bank had nineteen subsidiaries in various businesses, as listed below:
- Kotak Mahindra Prime Limited – Car Finance and other Lending
- Kotak Mahindra Investments Limited – Investments, Lending
- Kotak Infrastructure Debt Fund Limited – Infrastructure Financing
- Kotak Securities Limited – Stock Broking, E-Broking, Distribution
- Kotak Mahindra Capital Company Limited – Investment Banking
- Kotak Mahindra Life Insurance Company Limited – Life Insurance
- Kotak Mahindra General Insurance Company Limited – General Insurance
- Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company Limited – Mutual Fund
- Kotak Mahindra Trustee Company Limited – Trustee company
- Kotak Mahindra Pension Fund Limited – Pension Fund
- Kotak Investment Advisors Limited – Alternate Asset Management
- Kotak Mahindra Trusteeship Services Limited – Trusteeship Services
- Kotak Mahindra (UK) Limited – Distribution
- Kotak Mahindra (International) Limited – Advisory Services, Investments
- Kotak Mahindra Inc. – Broker / Dealer
- Kotak Mahindra Asset Management (Singapore) Pte. Limited – Asset Management
- Kotak Mahindra Financial Services Limited – Advisory services for Middle East
- IVY Product Intermediaries Limited – Distribution
- BSS Microfinance Limited – Banking Correspondent