Indian Oil is India’s flagship Maharatna national oil company with business interests straddling the entire hydrocarbon value
chain – from refining, pipeline transportation & marketing, to exploration & production of crude oil & gas, petrochemicals,
gas marketing, alternative energy sources and globalisation of downstream operations.
- Revenue: ₹ 772,799 Cr
- Dividend Yield: 12.2 %
- ROCE: 15.6 %
- ROE: 20.4 %
- Face Value: ₹ 10.0
- Promoter holding: 51.5 %
- Debt to equity: 1.26
As a Brand with one of the largest customer interface in India, IndianOil reaches precious petroleum fuels to every nook and corner of the country through its network of over 56,000 plus customer touch-points, surmounting the challenges of tough terrain, climate and accessibility.
Profile of Indian Oil Corporation Ltd
A leading, diversified and integrated energy major with presence across all the streams of oil, gas, petrochemicals and alternative energy sources, IndianOil is driven by its vision and grounded by its values. One of India’s most socially responsive brands, IndianOil, has successfully combined its corporate social responsibility agenda with its business offerings.
The Company is a public limited company incorporated and domiciled in India. Its shares are listed on Bombay Stock
Exchange and National Stock Exchange in India. The registered office of the Company is located at Indian Oil Bhavan, G-9, Ali Yavar Jung Marg, Bandra (East), Mumbai.
- 120 Terminals and depots
- 126 Aviation fuel station
- 34,559 Retail outlets (including KSKs)
- 101 LPG bottling plants/terminals
- 12,813 LPG distributors
- 1,488 CNG stations in India
- 10 Lube blending plants in India
- 6,993 Consumer pumps
- 10,723 LPG bottling capacity (TMTPA)
- 2,179 EV charging stations (including 34 Battery Swapping Stations)
With a share of approximately 28% of India’s refining capacity, IndianOil has been fuelling the Government of India’s vision of achieving self-reliance in oil refining and marketing. The company have nine refineries strategically placed across the country, catering to the growing energy requirements of the country.
As the second biggest player in India’s petrochemicals market, IndianOil is working towards siezing the high growth
opportunities that this market presents. The company full range of petrochemical products under the brand ‘PROPEL’, serve everyday needs of customers.
Managing one of the world’s largest petroleum pipeline networks, IndianOil ensures safe, cost-effective, energy-efficient and environment-friendly transportation of crude oil and petroleum products.
IndianOil is the second biggest player in the RLNG market in India and is strenghtening its position across the natural gas value chain by scaling up LNG sourcing, strengthening import terminals, pipelines and city gas distribution networks and providing ‘LNG at the doorstep’ service to customers.
Exploration and Production
IndianOil has been undertaking exploration and production activities both within and outside the country in collaboration with consortium partners to enhance upstream integration.
IndianOil addresses the energy needs of millions of people daily through its vast network of fuel stations, bulk storage terminals, inland depots, aviation fuel stations, LPG bottling plants and lube blending plants. For decades, the Company is living up to the commitment of uninterrupted supply of petroleum products to every part of the country.
The marketing network is bolstered by 80.55 MMTPA of Group Refining Capacity and more than 15,000 KM of cross-country pipelines.
- Shri Shrikant Madhav Vaidya, Chairman
- Dr S. S. V. Ramakumar, Director (Research & Development)
- Shri Ranjan Kumar Mohapatra, Director (Human Resources)
- Shri Sandeep Kumar Gupta, Director (Finance)
- Shri V. Satish Kumar, Director (Marketing) w.e.f. 28.10.2021
- Shri D. S. Nanaware, Director (Pipelines) w.e.f. 28.12.2021
- Ms Sukla Mistry, Director (Refineries) w.e.f. 07.02.2022
- Shri Sujoy Choudhury, Director (Planning & Business Development) w.e.f. 23.02.2022
- Shri G. K. Satish, Director (Planning & Business Development) upto 31.08.2021
Moreover, IndianOil’s R&D Centre at Faridabad, one of Asia’s finest in downstream petroleum R&D, offers a competitive advantage to the Corporation through world-class technology and process solutions and innovative products. IndianOil R&D has also been instrumental in pioneering path-breaking research to leverage the potential of Hydrogen and other cleaner fuels for the sustainable progress of the nation.
Indian oil corporation subsidiaries
List of Indian oil corporation subsidiaries (Subsidiaries Companies)
- Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited India
- IndianOil (Mauritius) Limited Mauritius
- Lanka IOC PLC Sri Lanka
- IOC Middle East FZE UAE
- IOC Sweden AB Sweden
- IOCL (USA) Inc. USA
- IndOil Global B.V. Netherlands
- IOCL Singapore Pte Limited Singapore
List of Associates Companies
- Petronet LNG Limited India
- AVI-OIL India Private Limited India
- Petronet India Limited @ India
- Petronet VK Limited India
List of Joint Ventures
- Indian Oiltanking Limited India
- Lubrizol India Private Limited India
- Indian Oil Petronas Private Limited India
- Green Gas Limited India
- IndianOil Skytanking Private Limited India
- Suntera Nigeria 205 Limited Nigeria
- Delhi Aviation Fuel Facility (Private) Limited India
- Indian Synthetic Rubber Private Limited India
- NPCIL IndianOil Nuclear Energy Corporation Limited India
- GSPL India Transco Limited India
- GSPL India Gasnet Limited India
- IndianOil Adani Gas Private Limited India
- Mumbai Aviation Fuel Farm Facility Private Limited India
- Kochi Salem Pipelines Private Limited India
- IndianOil LNG Private Limited India
- Petronet CI LTD @@ India
- IndianOil Ruchi Bio Fuels LLP # India
- Hindustan Urvarak and Rasayan Limited India
- Ratnagiri Refinery & Petrochemicals Limited India
- Indradhanush Gas Grid Limited India
- IHB Limited India